Wednesday, June 1, 2016

Tiny House

Someone asked me today if there were any tiny houses for sale in the Cary/Raleigh area.  She did not mean a 1,000 square foot bungalow; she meant a tiny house.  As in the 250 square foot homes made popular by HGTV's Tiny House Hunters.  I was genuinely sorry to say I did not know of any in the area because I would love nothing more than to tour a bunch of houses with less square footage than the master bathroom of the houses I typically show.

Adorable Tiny House

The appeal of tiny houses is undeniable. They are just so darn cute with their cozy porches and pipe chimneys. They are filled with little cubbies and hidy-holes to store all of your stuff. And speaking of stuff, you would actually have to get rid of most of yours if you moved into one of these small abodes which is a dream of many people too.

I think one of the big reasons people like want a tiny house is they get all this fabulous cuteness for a tiny amount of money. But from what I hear, divorces are expensive, and I am pretty sure that is where Hubby and I would end up if we tried to co-habituating in a space barely larger than a king sized bed.

This is why instead of a tiny house, I want a tiny camper. I think we could survive a week together in a canned ham. After all we do five nights in a tent at Bonnaroo. Believe me, accommodations that include A/C, a toilet and a shower would be pure luxury compared to that.  Plus with a Camper, it is only temporary. A week in it and then I can spread out in my suburban palace with all my stuff again. Seems like the perfect compromise.







1 comment:

  1. I wonder what happened to the trailer we used for camping. That would be perfect for you. It was all mid-century and stuff. Clifford can't believe I used to sleep in a tent. On the ground.

    ReplyDelete